Last updated on 17th June, 2015
Our approach to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us.
an Australian company operating globally, we strictly comply with
Australian privacy laws but we also strive for global best practice.
Remember to be smart and safe online. Never give someone your
information without first asking your parent/guardian if it is OK.
Unless you have permission, don't give anyone your photo, or tell
anyone your name, email, home address, telephone, your school or any
other information about you that they could use to contact you either
online or in the real world.
If you want to enter one of our competitions, make sure you ask permission from your parent/guardian before you enter.
Parents: We are committed to the safety and privacy of the children who use our Services. We encourage parents/guardians to actively monitor their children's online activities. See more information below about children's privacy and our Child Safe Apps.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
1.1 Information You Give To Us
We receive and store any information you give to us, such as when you:
- download our games;
- enter our competitions;
- are involved in our special events (e.g. focus testing days);
- interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+;
- enter information on our Website;
- purchase our merchandise;
- subscribe to our newsletters or other information feeds;
- purchase Services through an online store;
- make an in-app purchase;
- request technical support, make a compliment or complaint, or otherwise contact us directly; or
- give us your information in another way.
1.2 Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
- information about how you use our Services. We use this information to design new Services, improve our games, provide social features and to deliver our Services to you.
you sign-in to our games with Facebook, Google+, Twitter or other
platform providers, we gather from that provider your basic profile
information such as name, gender, age-range, your profile photo and
- information about the device you use to access our Services such as its model, operating system, platform, language and other technical information such as cookies. You can disable cookies through your web or phone browser settings but you may find that you are not able to enjoy all of the features of our Services if you do so;
general location location (ie. city/country) based on your IP Address,
so we know what language to use and so that we can provide Services
that are applicable to your location; and
- if you "tell a
friend," "email this page," or use another similar features, we will
collect information to perform this feature for you.
1.3 Information From Third Parties
Sometimes we collect information about you from third parties, such as Apple, Inc, Facebook, or Google, Inc. We collect this information so that we can deliver services to you that you have requested. We collect this information:
- when you purchase our Services via the App Store, or Google Play Store, or other Storefront. We receive information about you such as the country you are in;
- if you log into our Services through a social media account (such as Facebook)
we will collect your basic profile information such as your current
profile picture and your friend list, this lets you interact with your
friends who are also using our Services; and
- when you use in-app features such Game Center we will collect information such as your user name.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect about you:
the purpose it was collected for (eg if you participate in our focus
testing, we will use that information to assist in the development and
launch of our games, if you buy our merchandise we will use your
information to complete the purchase, if you email us we will use your name and email to respond);
- to deliver our Services to you;
- to personalise and continually improve your experience of our Services;
- to offer our Services to you and to tell you about new Service offerings, updates and other information about our Services that might be relevant to you;
- to advertise our Services to you;
- to deliver advertisements for third party products and services to you;
provide multiplayer gaming, social networking and gaming console
services to you. To do this we will exchange your information with
third parties (such as Facebook, Google+ or Game Center) for the purpose of delivering these Services; and
- to perform our own analytics.
We use analytical information for supporting business analysis and
operations, business intelligence, product development, improving
products and services, personalizing content, providing advertising,
and making recommendations.
- to verify your compliance with our Terms of Service.
2.1 When Do We Disclose Information
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- if we are required or authorised to disclose by law or by a law enforcement agency;
- to our business partners in the course of providing our Services to you, or generally in the conduct of our business. This may include organisations who provide services to us, such as payment processors or hosting services. Please see below for more information about third party services; and
avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or
disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will
make a written record of such use or disclosure.
2.2 Childrens' Privacy
Child Safe Apps
your Halfbrick game is labelled a Child Safe App, it was built with
child safety as a priority. Our Child Safe Apps have no advertising, no
data collection, no in-app purchases and no links to external sites or
If you permit your child to use one of our Services that is not labelled a Child Safe App, you should disable in-app purchases
on your phone and actively monitor your child’s use. You should also
do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13
without the permission of their parent/guardians. If you believe that
we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so
we can promptly obtain parental/guardian consent or delete the
When you use our Services, you might also use third party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Game Center.
We do not control how they interact with you and you should ensure that
We encourage you to be careful about the protection of your own personal information when using third party services such as social media platforms.
also work with certain business partners, such as other game developers
and advertising partners, and information collected from you may be
shared through these partnerships.
Some of our
business partners are outside Australia. Below is a list of some, but
not all, business partners that we actively share user information and
site usage data with (this list is subject to change):
2.4.1 Direct Marketing
Sometimes we will use your information to tell you about our Services
and our news, such as new games we are launching, events we are
running, or merchandise we sell. You can opt-out if you don’t want to
receive this information.
Some of our games offer in-app purchases. Examples of in-app purchases are items you can purchase (for real or in-game currency) or other additional features. If you don’t want to make in-app purchases, don’t use these paid-for options and consider disabling in-app purchases on your device.
Ways to opt-out of our Services:
- if we send you an email, there will be an unsubscribe link;
- if we post updates via Facebook you can 'unlike' our page and you will no longer get updates;
- if you receive one of our tweets you can stop following us on Twitter; or
- if we use another type of social media you can opt-out using that service.
If you need help opting-out please contact us at email@example.com.
2.5 Storage & Security
We store information on servers in Australia and in the United States.
Security is important to us
and we strive to protect both your information and our information in
the best possible ways. But there are inherent risks in transmitting
information over the Internet and it is possible that we could be
hacked. You should feel comfortable with this level of risk before you
provide information to us, or use our Services. If you are not comfortable with this risk, please do not use our Services.
2.6 Access & Correction
may request access to your personal information at any time by sending
a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail at Halfbrick Studios
Pty Ltd, 190 Kelvin Grove Road, Queensland 4059, Australia, by
facsimile on +617 3356 0421 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
may charge a small fee for providing access if it requires a
significant amount of time to locate your information or to collect or
present it in an appropriate form. We may decline your access if there
are reasonable grounds for us to do so.
If your information changes, let us know so that we can update our records. If you would like us to de-activate your records that we hold, please tell us.
Once de-activated your data will not be accessible. However, due to
system backups to various types of data storage media, your data may in
some circumstances remain on these types of data storage media. There
may be circumstances where we decline to de-activate your records.
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy please contact us by:
- Sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by mail at:
Halfbrick Studios Pty Ltd
190 Kelvin Grove Road,
Queensland 4059, Australia
- Facsimile on +61 7 3356 0421; or
- Email to email@example.com
Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time
after we receive it, provided you supply return contact details. If you
do not provide return contact details, we will be unable to respond to
your complaint, although we will consider its content.
4. Updates to this Policy
5. Addendum: Definitions
- Advertising ID
unique ID that is generated for your device to track activity by
advertising companies to improve their service in game. This is also
known as Interest Based Advertising. You may be able to opt-out of this
feature on some platforms.
- Interpretation and interpolation of unidentified data to predict and isolate trends relating to game play and app use.
- Child Safe App
- Fruit Ninja Academy: Math Master
- Device ID
- A unique identifier which is randomly generated by your device.
- Remove and further restrict access provided by our Services by actioning the specific request.
- Game Center
central game hub that retains information regarding game play
statistics that is openly shared with the user. This includes high
scores, global leader boards, friend’s lists and in-game achievements.
- in-app purchase
- An in-game system that allows exchanging real money for virtual goods or in-game currency.
- IP Address (Internet Protocol Address)
unique string of numbers separated by full stops or commas that
identifies each computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate
over a network. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks.
- Halfbrick ("us")
- Halfbrick Studios Pty Ltd ACN 109 693 227 its assignees, licensees, successors in title and subsidiaries.
- Media Access Control (MAC) address
- Is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network layer.
- Services offered by us and includes our games, websites and related services.
- stop following
action provided by Twitter and Facebook that allows a user to remove
their name from a persons follower list. As a result, the user will not
receive further communication or further tweets from the person they
have stopped following.
online business presence for sales. We work with the Apple App Store
and Google Play storefronts as their primary storefront for sales but
our games are also available on Amazon App Store and Windows Phone
Store, among others.
- Terms of Service
- Rules and conduct standards that are defined that one must comply with to use the service.
- third party services
- Services provided by a provider that is not owned or controlled by Halfbrick
- Text based comments provided by users on the Twitter platform
- By clicking 'unlike' on Facebook
you are removing your connection with the business, brand or product's
page that you had previously liked, you will no longer receive updates
from that page and your name will be removed from their list of likes.